Invisible DarningLearn to mend your favourite Knitwear
Cost:£37.50 per person
About this experience
Join our hands-on invisible darning class, tailored for those looking to repair and preserve cherished hand-knitted items like jumpers and socks. In this session, we'll delve into essential techniques including Duplicate stitch, Weave, and Scotch Darning.
You Will Need To Bring:
• Two sample knitted pieces, approximately 12 to 15cm square, knitted in stocking stitch with smooth DK or worsted weight yarn, ideally in light colours so one can easily see the stitches. These will be used to practice darning techniques on. You can use machine knitted squares or let us know if you have a problem making or sourcing these.
• A few scrap yarns of similar weight but contrasting colours to the sample pieces.
• Two double pointed needles in same size as used for the samples so 4mm or 4.5mm (available to purchase in store if needed).
• Crochet hook (1 or 2 sizes smaller than size used to knit the samples), so 3mm or 3.5mm (available to purchase in store if needed).
• Medium size darning needle (available to purchase in store if needed).
• Darning mushroom (optional)
A basic understanding of knitting is recommended, as we concentrate on expertly mending your favourite knitted pieces.